How well do your pages rank in an online search? What are people saying about you? Are they talking about your business in a good or a bad way? Are they talking about you at all? One of the best ways to find out what’s being said is to Google yourself.
Here are tips on how to Google yourself and what you should be looking for:
- Type your name into the search bar and see what comes up.
- Type your business name into the search bar and see on which page you appear
- Type in what keywords you believe your business is being found for — or which keywords you want to be found for. Is your business coming up on page one
- Type in key phrases that you believe your customers are using when they search for you. Is your business showing up or is a competitor’s
- Once you’re done Googling yourself, set up Google Alerts so that you will receive email notifications when someone mentions you or your business or the keywords for which you want to be found
A Google search is something you should be taking time to do on a regular basis as a way to gauge and measure your online reputation. Reputation management is a service we provide — as well as working with you to get your business on the first page of a Google search. If you need assistance, give us a call!
Rex Richard - Founder and CEO, Peak Dynamics LLC Innovator, WordPress and Multisite "Niche Market Master", Writer, Speaker, Trainer, Business Coach, Serial Entrepreneur.