There are so many social media platforms — some come, some go and others seem to be in it for the long run. As a business owner, you need to decide how much time you can devote to social media or how much money you want to spend on social media marketing. Bottom line — you should be on social media. Why? Because your competition is. Does Instagram make sense for your business? It just might.
If you want to make a mark and sell your next swimming pool construction project or fill your pipeline with pool service customers, you need to be where your customers are and they are on social media. Statistics show that new potential customers check social media before they make a purchase — any kind of purchase. Your social media presence will help you seem more trustworthy simply because of the fact that you are on social and have a presence. Your social media strategy can get you in front of potential new clients and keep you in touch with current clients.
Just because there are dozens of social media platforms doesn’t mean you need to be on all of them. But you should claim your business name and fill out your profile. If you’re not planning to post on all your social media platforms, at least put up a post that lets people know where they can find you and where you are active. If a potential customer comes to your social media page and you haven’t posted in a year they may think you’re out of business. It’s a subconscious bias, but it does exist.
As with any social media platform, we don’t expect you to be on every single social media platform just because it’s there or because “everyone else is doing it.” You need to have a strategy or you’re just, as they say, throwing spaghetti against the wall and hoping something sticks. Don’t do that. Have a strategy and work that strategy.
Does Instagram Make Sense For Your Business?
Look at these steps to see if an Instagram strategy makes sense for your time and your money budgets.
- Are you looking to make money specifically on Instagram? There are some people who successfully monetize Instagram, but if you’re building swimming pools or servicing pools, chances are that’s not your focus or your strategy.
- What is your strategy? To be seen? Great! To stay up with the competition? Again, great? To raise awareness, offer construction or service discounts? Wonderful! Have a strategy — no matter what it is — as long as it makes sense.
- Are you proud of the work you’ve done? If so, then take amazing photos. Take before and after photos. Take work in progress pics. Let potential customers know who you are and what you do.
- If you’re a brand, and not in the pool industry, you could work with brands and share sponsored posts and images. If you have a large enough audience you may be able to parlay that into paid influencer programs.
- Launch an e-commerce store and build your business on Instagram.
- Connect with followers, comment when they reach out to you and grow a robust following.
Don’t ever jump into a marketing platform or even blogging or selling a product or service without a well thought out strategy.
Are you looking for help crafting a social media and/or Instagram marketing strategy? Give Rex Richard a call and get a quote!