‘Tis the season. If you’re like most entrepreneurs you know that even though many of your clients and colleagues are “taking the month off” it’s not feasible for many of us. In fact, the holiday season is one of the busiest times for many business owners. If you want to make the most of the season — and am up your sales for the year, here are our tips to formulating an effective holiday social media strategy:
- Decide which platform is your biggest performer and embrace its power for your holiday sales and promotions.
- Craft promotions that are social media only. If you want to increase your social media following, you can do so by introducing promotions that your customers need to see on your social media pages whether it’s Twitter or Facebook or LinkedIn.
- If you have a physical product, offer free shipping. Many of the “big boys” do that year round, but not every small business can afford that, but bite the bullet and offer that because studies show that shoppers look for free shipping when they are making their online purchases.
- Put together a special holiday-only giveaway. Determine what makes the most sense for your industry and use it to entice readers to sign up for your newsletter. Hint, get a newsletter strategy in place for 2016.
- Videos sell. If you have a product or service that lends itself to a Periscope video, make one, embed it on your site and promote it.
Don’t let your marketing and sales lapse this last month of the year. Amp it up and make December 2015 your best sales season yet!