Is Your Newsletter List Stale?
Here are some ways to freshen up your newsletter list and to keep them from unsubscribing when you do start emailing again.
- Let them know that you know you haven’t been reaching out to them. Acknowledge your absence. If there is a reason you stopped mailing, let them know. If it was a family emergency, you were too busy in your business or you simply ran out of things to say — let them know. Don’t pretend you’ve been there all along.
- Remind them of how they originally connected with you. If they remember you and why they’re on your list, they are less likely to unsubscribe.
- Offer a giveaway or a goodie to pique their interest and keep them as subscribers.
- Give them a gift of a free report a great downloadable item or something else of value that only people on your list receive.
- Let them know how often they can expect to hear from you and what you are going to be bringing to them now that you’re back.
It’s never too late to refresh your list and to get back into the inboxes of your potential clients, is there? When is the last time you sent an enewsletter? If you’re not sending one, why not? Let us know. We can help.