There is no doubt that social media is a powerful tool to grow your swimming pool cleaning or building business. But to make it work you need to know what to post and when and to whom to focus your content. We have 6 tips for social media content that soars and helps build your return on investment (ROI).
Social media posting includes:
- Blog posts shares
- Sharing the content of others
- Using correct hashtags
- Knowing which groups are valuable to be posting in
- On which social media platforms to share and invest your time
6 Tips For Social Media Content That Soars
This information will change and shift based on the winds of change, but these are a jumping-off and jumping-in point for creating your social media strategy.
- Who is your audience? If you don’t know what and don’t know who to target your content, you will be spinning your wheels. What content does your audience need and want? Humor? Self-help? Motivation? How-to. Knowing who your audience is and what their pain points are will help you create your social strategy.
- What is your competition doing? While you don’t want to plagiarize anyone, you can certainly see what your competition is doing and try to emulate it. Look at their posts and see which ones soared and which content sunk. What can you learn from that for your own content?
- Create content you’re proud to share. Don’t just post an update to just post an update. Your followers and potential clients don’t want to read junk postings just because you made a pledge to yourself to post three times a week. There are many others for your customers to follow and if your content isn’t engaging or interesting or well written, they will look elsewhere – to your competition, for example.
- Put together a social media marketing calendar or an editorial calendar. When you do this you will be able to see the content you’ve laid out, which lets you see when the holidays are and what niche topics you may want to focus on. This marketing calendar will help you see which platforms to post on and should also have space to let you track your metrics.
- Let followers share your content. If you’re sharing content on your page that others want to share with their followers, make it easy for them to do so!
- Know when to and how to use paid advertising to boost your reach. Don’t boost every post and don’t pay for ads for everything you pos. Save it for great content or when you’re launching a new service or if you’re looking to line up new pool customers. When you pay for an ad, make sure you’re also targeting the right audience and using the correct demographics.
Your social media needs to have a strategy. No one has time to use the “just throw something against the wall and see if it sticks” type of marketing. If you’re struggling with content and want to work with a pro in the swimming pool marketing industry, contact Rex Richard at Peak Dynamics for a content consultation.
Rex Richard - Founder and CEO, Peak Dynamics LLC Innovator, WordPress and Multisite "Niche Market Master", Writer, Speaker, Trainer, Business Coach, Serial Entrepreneur.