When you cruise around online how deep is your digital footprint? Do you leave comments? Are you interacting with others and in your industry as well as outside of your industry? How are people finding you and your blog posts?
Are you leaving a digital trail on Google? When someone types in your keywords or key phrases are you coming up in that search? Answers to all of these questions help you determine the depth and breadth of your digital footprint.
How Deep Is Your Digital Footprint
Here are some of the steps you can take to leave your mark online — and in a way that enhances your brand and leaves an impression.
- Leave comments on blogs and social media. Social media needs to be social and that means you need to interact. It’s not enough to simply scroll through Facebook or other social feeds without commenting or updating your status, you need to interact. If you post on social media and others comment or follow you, you need to thank them for taking time out of their day to comment by commenting back.
- Microblogging is growing in popularity because people are simply too busy to digest a long form blog post. If you take to video, even better! Try microblogging, either on your blog or on platforms like Twitter or by writing articles on LinkedIn.
- What does your About Me page say about you? Remember, your about me page is truly about your reader. It’s about how you can help them. How you can address their unique pain points. Help your visitors to your website connect with you. Consider writing in first person as a way to more fully connect with your followers/visitors.
- If you have social media pages, interact on them. You don’t need to spend hours a day on social media, but you do want to spend a few moments a day. Write a status update, connect with people who have followed you or commented on your posts.
- Score some guest blogging opportunities. When you are a guest blogger you are adding your expertise to another site, reaching a new audience and also using your reach to help the site on which you’re blogging reach a new audience — yours.
Are you happy with your digital footprint? Do you need to leave a deeper and wider one? If so, let us know. We can help you.