When you write a blog post on your website, how many people are seeing it? When you interact on LinkedIn how many people are you connected to? How to share your expertise on LinkedIn is what we want to talk about today because the LinkedIn publishing platform can be a powerful way to reach an audience who may want to buy what you’re selling.
LinkedIn is where business professionals gather and they may interact more often there than they do on your website or by finding you in a Google search. If you have a LinkedIn business page, and if you’re an entrepreneur and you don’t you’re missing the boat!
How To Share Your Expertise On LinkedIn
Using the LinkedIn publishing tool to write and share blog posts may help you rank in searches and reach a new, potential new client, audience:
- Be conversational and teach something. Don’t publish on LinkedIn simply to publish. Write a post there that offers the reader, your followers, information they can use.
- Have a call to action on each post. Once your post has been read, what action do you want the reader to take? Call you? Comment on the post? Download your ebook? Sign up for your newsletter? Know what CTA you want and use it wisely and in each article.
- Claim your expertise and write about it. The more you write, the more you will be seen as the go-to expert.
- Be authentic. Be approachable in your content and don’t put on airs. Be who you are.
- Look at your old blog posts and repurpose them for LinkedIn articles. Update the information and links and share it to your LinkedIn publishing page.
- Share your published LinkedIn post on your other social media platforms.
- Don’t forget to add images, subheads, bulleted and numbered lists.
- Interview or quote subject matter experts, share their quotes in your articles and ask them to share the post once it goes live. This will get you and your content in front of an entirely new audience.
When is the last time you published on LinkedIn? If you’re not publishing there, why not? We can help if you’re stumped.
Rex Richard - Founder and CEO, Peak Dynamics LLC Innovator, WordPress and Multisite "Niche Market Master", Writer, Speaker, Trainer, Business Coach, Serial Entrepreneur.