We know that words matter — in life and in business; in print and vocally. How language connects with your social followers should be second nature knowledge to business owners and online marketers, but sometimes there is a disconnect.
When you’re interacting on social media, it is important that you’re building relationships with your followers, that you’re connecting and that you are engaged in the conversations happening around you.
How Language Connects With Your Social Followers
- Listen before you sell. If you’re not listening to a potential customer, how will you know if your products or services will solve their problem? As a salesperson you need to listen first, sell second.
- Look at it from your customer’s perspective. Put yourself in your customer’s shoes when you look at your social media feed. Are you continually promoting yourself and not offering quality information? If that’s the case, stop what you’re doing and rethink your strategies.
- Be true to your brand and its purpose. You can’t be everything to everyone. Stop trying to solve all of the issues of the world. Know your mission and vision and stick with that when you’re interacting online.
- Be personable. Customers no longer want to deal with the brand; they want to deal with the people behind the brand. They want to feel they know, like and trust YOU as much as they know, like and trust your brand.
- Ask for your followers’ insights. What do they want to know? If you don’t know, ask. “What are your questions?” “What do you wish you knew now that you didn’t know then?” “What are your pressing issues today?” Make the interaction about them, not you.
How focused is your social commentary on your ideal client rather than on yourself? Interact as yourself, but get to know your followers and potential clients.
Are you struggling to share your social message? What are your challenges? Leave us a comment, we can help!
Rex Richard - Founder and CEO, Peak Dynamics LLC Innovator, WordPress and Multisite "Niche Market Master", Writer, Speaker, Trainer, Business Coach, Serial Entrepreneur.