How To Create A Blog People Want To Read
- Ask yourself if you’d be interested in reading the content you’re sharing. If you’re bored by it or confused by it, your reader will be as well.
- What will you name your blog? Will it be niche specific or will it be on a general topic. For example: Swimming Pool Cleaning In Texas or Swimming Pool. There are pros and cons to each and you need to talk with someone experienced in website building, marketing and SEO to help you make the right decision. That is something we can assist with.
- Who will host your website? It doesn’t have to take a lot of thought or energy. Just do your research and find a web host. There are pros and cons to any of the many available hosting services. Price and reviews of the service may be what help you decide.
- Use proper keywords. Do you know what keywords you want to use to get your site found? Are you a brick and mortar? If so, you will want to use local keywords. Talk with an SEO expert who can help you determine the best keywords for your business.
- Write an editorial calendar. This document will keep you on track with topics and content and will help you formulate your marketing plan and strategy. Your editorial calendar will be a literal lifesaver and will save you from the “blank screen syndrome” and will also help you stay consistent in your blogging.
Don’t let fear stop you from getting your blog up and running. Remember, you can always go back and change information on the site. The biggest first step is to start.
If you’re not sure where to begin, drop us an email and let’s talk!