When you get ready to set up a blog you may be wondering, how to get people to read your blog posts, right? How to find trending topics to blog about is something we talk with our coaching clients about. Jumping on a trending topic is an almost sure fire way to get your blog post read.
Blogging should be looked at as one of the spokes in your marketing wheel. Your blog can feed all of the other spokes on your wheel and if you blog about trending topics you may reap the rewards. Remember, though don’t blog about a trending topic if it doesn’t meet the focus and niche of your blog.
How To Find Trending Topics To Blog About
Here are some ways to find topics about which to blog.
- What problem does your product or service solve? If you know the problem and have a solution, blog about that. Ask your readers what problems they are having. Write a blog post about what issues they are facing. Getting feedback and insight from your readers is a great way to get them engaged.
- What’s trending right now? Set up Google alerts or skim the headlines on in the newspaper or on Twitter and see what’s trending. Is there a way to fit your niche into what’s trending in the headlines?
- Sign up for newsletters about topics in your industry. What are your competitors and colleagues writing about? Sign up for newsletters and join Facebook groups in your niche.
- What is it about your business that makes it a great fix for a trending topic? If it’s too much of a stretch, then don’t force your content into a headline. You can touch on a topic or mention it, but you don’t have to devote an entire blog to it.
- Listening tools make it easier and quicker for you to find topics about which to blog. Look at Ahrefs, Buzzsumo, Exploding Topics, Social Animal and Google Trends. Each of these tools has its own advantages and disadvantages, so know what you’re looking for before you make an investment.
Find trending topics and if you don’t want to write about every trending topic in your niche every time it arises, at least craft an editorial calendar and put the topics and relevant links into the spreadsheet. Every business and every blog can benefit from an editorial calendar. If you need help with blog topics or ideas and training on how to blog, drop us a comment.
Rex Richard - Founder and CEO, Peak Dynamics LLC Innovator, WordPress and Multisite "Niche Market Master", Writer, Speaker, Trainer, Business Coach, Serial Entrepreneur.