Do you listen to podcasts? If you said yes, you are not alone. Podcasts are exploding. There are podcasters who are using production studios and there are podcasters who are talking to you from their garage, car or even a closet in their house. If you have ever wondered how to launch a podcast, you are not alone.
Do you have an opinion you want to share? Do you have content that lends itself to a podcast? Do you have blog content that you can repurpose into a podcast? Finally, will you have a co-host or will you go it alone on your podcast?
How To Launch A Podcast
Here are our five top tips for kicking off your podcast.
- Find a quiet space for your podcast. You don’t want to be in the middle of a coffee shop or in a space that echoes. Try out places by taking your phone and recording a message to yourself and listen back to see how it sounds. Your mic might pick up ambient sounds you didn’t notice.
- Don’t rely on your computer speaker/mic for your podcast. Invest in an external microphone. They sound better and they aren’t overly expensive.
- If you’re going to have guests on your show, make sure you prep them. Send them questions in advance so they can have some answers at the ready. You don’t want them to over-rehearse, but you don’t want them stumbling around trying to recall the answer to a question you’ve posed.
- Do plan to pay someone to edit, or edit the show yourself. Being “raw” on a FB live is different than putting “raw” audio out into the world. Edit the audio and at least cut out the ums and ahs or other distracting sounds and noises.
- Design, or pay someone to design, cover art for your podcast. If your podcast is on a page with other podcasts, you need to have a podcast cover that is eye catching and will get people to stop and take a listen.
What are your favorite podcasts? Are you starting a podcast or do you already have one? If so, reach out and let us know what it is.