What are people saying about your business? Are they finding you in a Google search for what you want to be found for or are they finding you because of negative reviews or salacious rumors? We work with our clients on this and have tips on how to monitor & manage your online reputation.
In this ever-increasing online world, you may never meet a client face to face but if your word of mouth is injurious you may never have the chance to make a great first impression.
How To Monitor & Manage Your Online Reputation
Take these steps, or give us a call and let us help you manage your online reputation.
- Do a google search of your name and see what comes up. Are you pleasantly surprised? Are you shocked at what you find when you do that search? Do monthly audits of your online reputation.
- Manage your marketing. Make certain you know who is working for you and what they’re sharing on social media. You need to ensure they are managing your message and sharing it appropriately.
- Blog in a way that enhances your reputation as a thought leader and as someone who is well thought of in the industry. Blog using correct SEO best practices and use hashtags, backlinks and social shares to your benefit.
- If you’re using Facebook for business, optimize and maximize the information you’re sharing, the pages with which you’re connecting and the comments you’re responding to. Remember there could be “guilt by association” and if a potential client finds you’re supporting ABC industry he or she may not work with you because they support XYZ industry. You can’t change their minds – probably – but you can certainly decide what you want to be known for and share that message loud and clear.
- You may not be able to get a bad review removed, but there is no reason you can’t reach out and find out how you can make it right. There are some individuals who won’t give you the chance, but knowing that you tried is worth a lot.
We work with our clients on reputation management — both the bad and getting the good! Give us a call or contact Rex Richard if you want assistance in managing your business’s online reputation and presence.