SEO for bloggers is something that bloggers and entrepreneurs need to think about each time they write and share a blog post on the company website. Remember, though, SEO is not the be all and end all, especially if you’re writing for humans to read and you are, aren’t you? Of course you are!
How can you write a blog post that people will want to read AND that Google will find and rank?
Here are some SEO for bloggers tips
The 10 basics of blogging SEO
- Blog on your own site. You can rank for SEO and search if you have your own blog and website. There are those who blog on guest sites or who have websites that are not set up with a direct url. For example, if your site is abcbusiness.wordpress.com you are going to have a harder time ranking than if your website name is abcbusiness.com Own your website domain and have a self hosted website.
- Craft a SEO friendly and searchable headline. Once you’ve done this, make certain your content supports the headline and the promise you’ve made there. No one likes clickbait headlines.
- Write original content. This means you don’t want to continually re-use the same blog post. Know what your clients need help with — address their pain points with your content. Know that Google will lower your search rankings if duplicate content is discovered on your website.
- Use backlinks. A backlink is when another website that you like and trust links back to your site. If you’re getting a backlink from a content mill site that isn’t a quality backlink. If, however there is a business within your niche or a high ranking site (like Forbes or Inc) that is a relevant backlink. Don’t forget to link back to content on your own site when you share a blog post.
- Use a theme for your website that is search engine optimized. This means your site needs to be mobile responsive, is cleanly coded, has a valid security certificate, loads quickly and doesn’t have broken links.
- Set up your Google analytics on your site so you can know how your site is ranking and on what search terms you’re being found for.
- Build relationships by commenting on other relevant blogs. Comment on authority blogs.
Is your site optimized? Are you ranking in searches? Are you seeking out backlinks and are you linking back to posts on your site? If you need help with SEO, let us know!